-->

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cross section of a project - jellyfish pillow - part 3



part 1 - part 2

7. once more into the pink... dye bath

pink dyed fabric
white, blue, and blue with white circles; all overdyed pink

more overdyed fabric
blue pleated, woodgrain effect (tied & dyed in both pink & blue), blue crumpled
I must admit, I don't think this step was strictly necessary. However, I had to do another pink bath anyway for an unrelated project, and I didn't have as much plain pink and purple fabrics for the next bath as I thought I needed.

Although dyeing the fabrics in different orders certainly can get you different effects, I suspect you can plan a way to mimic that without having to repeat the first bath.

Step 8. prepare fabrics for the final dye bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment