-->

Friday, April 22, 2011

One more yarn

It's been a while, and I've been up to all sorts of things, but only one is ready to post!

wool silk yarn
presenting!

about 2 oz, two plies of a silk and wool roving (hot pink, green, purple, and white), one ply silk hankies of various colors.

This roving was one of my first purchases at my first fiber festival. These days, of course, I plan my vacations around fiber festivals, but once, I went to see friends instead. Then got them to take me to fiber festivals!

So, I've had this roving for years, and it was so gorgeous, I was afraid to spin it up. It was fear of the pretty roving/ugly yarn syndrome stopping me. But the time had come.

I didn't put a lot of thought into it, really, just let the colors fall where they may. I think it looks really neat, but the test, of course, is in the knitting! Which I've not really been in the mood for recently... It's beginning to look like I either need to start selling yarn, or getting more storage bins, here in my basement/studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment