-->

Monday, October 17, 2011

Cross-sectioned crafts - Folktale Art Piece, Day 1

Day 1! Well, sort of. I've been working on this off and on for a few weeks, but it's just now getting out of planning and into reality.

Here is said plan:

cartoon
It's the English version of "Rumplestiltskin" called "Tom Tit Tot"

I am apparently intending to illustrate a number of folktales employing fabric arts to do so. I've got designs for an African story about dogs, and a Russian one involving witches ready to go...

Anyway, for this one, I just now tested the screens:

screen proofs
screen proofs
And they need some work. I'll touch them up tonight, and I expect I'll test them all again tomorrow, while I start picking out fabrics.

Now, I'll be going back to the cutting table to work on the backgrounds for one of the sections.

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure this will work, but I'm excited to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment